From air, to ground, to rail, Emanuel County has solid and reliable transportation infrastructure in place.
|Airport||Swainsboro Emanuel County Airport
- 12th longest runway in Georgia
- 24-hour operable
- ILS equipped
- 24-hour self-serve refueling
- Major airframe and Power plant Repairs
(Click here for full airport details)
|Freight Services||- Two or more UPS flights daily from local UPS Distribution Center, accepting UPS Air shipments up to 7pm and UPS Ground shipments up to 9pm
- FedEx Express and Ground 30 minutes away with daily pickups and deliveries
|Rail||Rail Access is potentially available to two of the Swainsboro-Emanuel County Industry Parks (Emanuel Industrial Park West and Emanuel Interstate I-16 Industrial Park)|
|Port||90 minutes to Savannah deep-water ports (the fourth largest and fastest growing container port in the U.S.1) via Interstate I-16. Ideally located for import and export of raw materials and finished products.|
|Road||- U.S. Route 1 is a major north–south U.S. Highway that serves the East Coast of the United States. It runs 2,377 miles (3,825 km), from Fort Kent, Maine, at the Canadian border, south to Key West, Florida. Route 1 runs through Swainsboro, the Emanuel County seat as a new four-lane route to connect with Interstate I-16, 15-20 minutes away.
- Interstate I-16 runs through Emanuel County and connects the port of Savannah with Atlanta, the Georgia state capitol. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport has been the world's busiest airport by passenger traffic and number of landings and take-offs since 2005.